about the noisy vegan

"I could never do that!", yes I know.

"You eat no cheese?!", no I don't.

"You are aware that there was a little milksugar in there? OMG!", yes I was, I never said I am a vegan, I said I am trying to follow a vegan diet.

Once you say those words everyone seems to be onto you, not just looking, but analyzing what is on your plate. Not because they are interested, noone asks why it is good for you, what started you journey. No, everyone is interested to find out why eating vegan is "wrong", bad for you, or pointing out all the food you cannot eat.
Sometimes you are lucky to meet another vegan, that openes up your eyes to new alternatives, shares some of their recipes and knowledge, keeping you motivated to try new things.

And sometimes you meet another vegan that is so quick to judge, yes I ate a little butter this morning, I know I shouldn't have, ne need to point it out, make me feel bad.

The world is in need for people to stand up for animal rights, to put a stop to the greenhouse effect that is bringing our planet to it's knees.

It is all about the balance. I don't think I will be eating a 100% vegan diet in the near future, but I will try to do my best to do so. If everyone would be eating a 80/20 vegan diet we wiuld be so much closer to a healthy planet.

 Please be kind to each other, hear each other out, share tips on how to get over cheese.

And here is my call to you, everyone that is reading this right now, are you up for a challenge?

Let's all be a bit kinder to each other and this planet.



Beginning in September I will be on a 100% vegan diet and I invite you to do so as well. If you have questions, Ideas or just want to chat make sure to leave a comment or write me an email to justanotherdreamjourney@gmail.com

Love: Kiki ♥

Comments

  1. Aye!

    I define myself as a showcase vegan, or to be honest, a cheagan. There are plenty of cheat-days on my calendar.

    Personally, even if I starve myself to death, it won't make any difference to the environment. More important, is to raise the issue to the bigger crowd. The bigger, the better.

    "Hi", from the Chris you met back in Hostel Atlantis, NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,

    I just saw your comment (I did fall of the blogging wagon for some time again).Sometimes it feels so problematic to think about the bigger picture, because you personally can't change anything. But we need to raise awareness by sharing the issue with open minded people. Also it gives us personal freedom (and you can save some money, eating a plant based diet is cheaper if you don't buy all the fancy stuff). But the issue is much bigger then just our diets. The most important thing to remember is to reduce, reuse and recycle and be mindful about single use products (especially plastics).

    Thank you for reaching out.
    I hope you are living your best life!

    Kiki :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw your comment TOO (yours was buried in my email by ads). Yes, it's really important to put the 3 re- into daily practise. And I used to choose products with lower quality for its cheaper price. But now I would consider whether the better quality will extend the service life of the product. Reduce the waste before buying it. And I read that there are "no package" stores in Germany now. That's brilliant! Every time I buy a bag of chips, the giant non-recyclable bag that comes with, gives me more guilt than the fat that I'm about to put on myself. ;p

    Thanks for the good work~ Keep going!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment