Hello Autumn



For me autumn is the best time of the year, don't get me wrong I love summer, the feeling of sun heating up my skin and the tingling you get jumping into the fresh water after sunbathing and living and going out. But autumn does something to me, I feel relaxed, one with my body and not having the urge to constantly go outside and do something to not "waste" the good weather. I love staying inside with my hot cup of tea and listen to Ed Sheeran while I can hear the raindrops on my window. I feel like in summer you live on the fast lane and everything is fun and action but when it comes to autumn you start to slow down and settle down to give your mind and body rest. For me Autumn has a few main aspects that make autumn such an aspiring time for me. 
Stay tuned for a recipe at the end of this post

Socks

I am a weirdo. Socks make me very happy. I went shopping the other day and found very furry shoes/socks, I am not quite sure hoe to define them, but they are super comfty and I got really excited finding them because there is nothing worse than cold feet!
How exciting a pair of shoe socks!
Those are from Takko for 6€

And then I spotted "Super comfort socks" at a German shop called "Family" and got really excited to wear them on a cosy night in
I just really love the detailing.

As you can see I am a little bit of a sock and footwear freak but not only that anything cosy and comfty makes me all happy and fuzzy inside and gets sucked into my shopping bag.

Fairy Lights

What is a cosy night in without fairy lights? Exactly you need fairy lights and if you are like me you need a lot of them. As you probably know from my last blogpost I bought a few for the bonfire night. I arranged them in my room and I never felt more comfortable in my room.
 I put the longest one into the curtains and I really like it.
To show you how they looked I needed to close the shutters so excuse the grey window.
I arranged a little something on the top of my Ikea cubes.
Since candles are an essential for autumn I have a Yankee Candle in the flavor November rain.
It smells like freshly washed cotton and I know that sounds weird but smells really nice,
I got it for Christmas last year from my aunt.
 Of course the bed area has fairy lights, too.
 I call this my little fangirl shrine... It is a little embarrassing...
But here we go: it is an autograph of Kendall on the left, in the middle Alfie's and Marcus' autograph and on the right Heffron Drive's (Kendall and Dustin) autograph.
 My couch area containing my Heffron Drive meet and greet picture since we are on the Fangirl note, a Spiderman blanket and my favourite decor in my room:
This piece of decor was a Christmas present from a goof friend last year. I just really love the message.
Now that I bored you with my room it is time for the most important autumn essential:

Food

There is this thing in Germany called "Erdnussberge" (yes that it german). Translated it means a little something like "Peanut Mountains" which sounds pretty weird so I better get started on explaining what it is. Erdnussberge are basically peanuts covered in chocolate. But it is not like m&m's, one Erdnussberg contains a whole lot of peanuts getting held together by chocolate. They look like this:
Btw: I am wearing Carry on by essie on my nails

Another thing I really enjoy is Apple crumble
since my mom taught me how to do it last year I couldn't wait for autumn to come just to make a crapload of apple crumble. So far I have had some everyday for two weeks... My body basically consists of apple crumble by now. So here is the recipe:
Preheat the oven to 150-180°c (300°f-350°f)
You'll need three apples, 100g of Butter, 30g of Almonds (I prefer crushed ones), 130g of flour and 60 g of Sugar.

Mix all the dry ingredients together with a spoon

add in the butter and knead with your hands until it looks a little something like this.

skin the apple and cut into small pieces.

put the apple pieces into a glass bowl like this one and sprikle the crumble mixture on top until everything is covered.

And put it into the oven for a good 30 Minutes or until the crumbles are golden brown.
While waiting you can give your dog an apple piece 
Yumm

After 30 Minutes your Apple Crumble should look a little like this: 

I served it to my dad with ice cream

added the apple crumble after cooled down a little

and finally added some whipped cream

and something that HAS TO BE IN EVERY AUTUMN RECIPE:
Hot chocolate!
Yes this is chocolate whipped cream and it tastes amazing!!

If you try out the recipe make sure to tweet me a picture of it or link me in an instagram! You can find my links on the top of the blog! :)
I really hoped you enjoyed it and if you want to get a notification when I upload a new blogpost you can now subscribe via email! :)
I hope you have an amazing week
Love: Kiki






Comments