Bonfire night


One of my all time favorite things to do is to plan out evenings with good friends and tasty food.
My Parents booked a weekend trip abroad and I took the opportunity to have a little Bonfire Night on Saturday evening. I had this night planned out in my head for absolute ages, but I could never fulfill it due the danger of accidentally setting my dog on fire. But the timing was perfect, the puppy was on holiday with my parents and it was a chilly but not to cold evening. I decided to prepare a few snacks and went into town to get some ingredients and while that I spotted some super cheap but pretty fairy lights that directly went into my shopping bag. Luckily I had two of my best friends over helping me prepare the evening. We prepared everything for the donuts and banana peanutbutter chocolate cups and everything went a little chaotic in the kitchen. If you want to recreate the donuts you can find the link to the recipe here

The Donuts


After baking our donuts looked a little liked this. We made one huge mistake: we put the yeast into the hot milk therefore our donuts had the consistency of cookies.

 
onto the decoration: We melted some dark chocolate on and covered the donuts in it. As you can see we ran out of melted chocolate in the end.


Those are our finished donuts, believe it or not even though they were pretty firm they tasted amazing.


The banana peanutbutter chocolate cups


I saw Niomi and Markus making these and got really interested, So I thought I would try them out.
I started off with cutting up two bananas and putting them on clear foil and placed them into the freezer. 


After an hour I took them out and topped the bananas with crunchy peanutbutter and they went straight back into the freezer. After another hour I took them out again and melted some dark chocolate (I used the same one as for the donuts)


Halfway through we ran out of melted chocolate. We just used those as "judging objects" to make sure they taste good. They tasted amazing even thought the banana went all squishy due the freezing.


Those were our finished banana peanutbutter cups.
Not that pretty but very yummy

The setup


            After we handled the mess and set up the fairy lights outside we were ready to go.
Those are just two of the three fairy lights, the other one is behind the group and I didn't want to invade their nice chat by taking pictures
Besides that I did nothing but having a food table inside and laid aside some blankets in case anyone gets cold
I didn't take any photos of the bonfire, after my brother and his friends lit it up (supervised by some of my friends since I don't trust my brother and his friends in combination with fire) everyone gathered around it and we made marshmallows and smores.
All in all it was a super nice and chilled evening with friends and loads of laughs and everyone seemed to enjoy it. 

And if you are wondering about my dog here he is: 
His name is Chester and he is a one year old Australian Shepherd, Border Collie mix

I hope everyone is having an amazing week xx

And if you want to can follow me on bloglovin

Comments