Lately there has been a lot of stress in my life. Now you might be asking "What kind of stress?". With "stress" I mean pressure to complete important tasks. I got a little overwhelmed and forgot to do half of them even though I was doing something all day long and yet I did not complete everything I needed to do. To be quite honest I am a huge procrastinator. I left everything until the very last minute and then wondered why I didn't finish anything in time. Quickly I realized that I can't keep up with everything now that I am doing my A levels, have a weekend job and am still trying to figure out what to do with my life. The answer to all of my problems were "To Do-Lists".
Now let's be honest. We all write them and then Leave them where ever and do not do any task we wrote down. That's what I did at least. I wrote super long to do lists of things I needed to do but never looked at the list again after I finished writing it. Whoops.
I was in need for a good concept. I needed to get structure into my day and become a more organized person. If you would have asked me 3 months ago my life motto would have been "Life's too short to be organized!". I did realize that that is possibly the worst thing you can do. Of course you don't have to organize everything and you should live life spontaneously sometimes. But in general a little bit of organization and structure is needed in your daily life.
I created the highlight-To-Do-List concept mainly because I was bored in school an thought about things I needed to do once I am home. Writing down everything that popped into my head and highlighting it in different colors quickly became a habit of mine and to be quite honest: I enjoyed it. I felt like I finally have control of my time and can decide when to do what.
The highlight-colors have different meanings. I think you actually start doing the things on there once you realized how much time you have left once you finished everything. I stopped procrastinating (not completely though, there are still some tasks I cross through and write down for the next day).
Doesn't it look pretty? I mean common, once it is all colorful and pretty you are more likely to actually do the tasks and there is nothing more satisfying that crossing off the last task on your daily to do list! And as if that isn't enough I created a weekly to do list. I realized that it actually helps organizing your day and life just a little bit and you have more time to do fun things when you don't procrastinate and do everything last minute. 
And if all gets a little bit too much for me I just sit down, drink tea and listen to calming music, because some days you just feel like doing nothing. I don't know how many times I just looked at my To Do list and just thought "nope" and because I didn't procrastinate before I was able to just do nothing and do the tasks another time (the next day... Things got stressful for me then).

I hope you liked the blogpost, if you want to get notified whenever I upload a new blogpost, you can subscribe via Bloglovin' or email.
If it helped you in any way or if you have other ways to handle stress leave it in the comments below.
As always: I hope you have a great week
Love: Kiki ♥




Comments