Comfort Food: Cookies


Who doesn't love a good cookie a long day? I find cookies are the perfect things to bake for your family, to bring along to parties or to enjoy yourself.


The Recipe


What you'll need



1/2 cup (125g) butter (Room Temperature) 
1/3 cup (80g) brown sugar
1/4 cup (60g) granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup and 2 tbsp flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
and as much chocolate chips as you want!

1st Step


Preheat the oven to 350°F/170°C
After that you mix the butter and the sugars together until they are fluffy. I always mix it for two minutes.

before mixing


after mixing

After that you add in the Vanilla and the egg and stir well.



2nd Step


Put the flour, salt and baking soda in another bowl and mix them together, then gradually mix the flour mixture into the batter from step 1 and mix well.

Step 3


Now you can put whatever you want into your batter. I went for 5Tbs coconut and a lot of chocolate chips, but you can also put in nuts or whatever floats your boat.
Make sure that you use fair trade/good quality coconut otherwise your cookies will taste a bit odd.

Once you put everything in you
form cookies with a tablespoon and put them on a baking sheet.

Bake them for 11 to 15 minutes in 350°F/170°C and let them cool down.



And if you want your cookies to look really artsy you can put them into a glass jar like I did!
It is the best way to keep them fresh (if you didn't eat them all immediately like I did).

I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
If you liked it and you want to get notifications whenever I upload a new blogpost, you can subscribe via Email or Follow me on Bloglovin'. You can find the links to that in the sidebar.
If you have any questions feel free to talk to me on twitter or Instagram,
you can find the links to all my social medias on the top of my Blog.
And as always: I hope you have an amazing week!
Love: Kiki

Comments