A note on staying positive

Since the year is already over I've been catching myself looking back on things that have changed this year and things that changed me. There have been lots of happy, joyful moments that I am nothing but thankful for. I have met the most fascinating person so far, he has changed me in so many ways and has shown me a whole new view of the world. Also a lot of people have come and gone during the year. Looking back I realized that this year has been packed with positive and negative incidents. And yet I am thankful for every single one of those, even if they were negative at the first sight. I find that the more you think about certain events you start to realize that there is always an upside no matter how dark it may seem right that moment. But here are a few things I thought they are worth
sharing with you.

1. Everything has an upside

"Stars can not shine without darkness" I don't know how often people gave me that piece of advice. I never really understood it completely. The whole meaning of it is yet not apparent to me, but it has helped me to know that there is always something positive to value in every moment. Every mistake, every breakup and every lost friendship hurts but after all you learned something, grew a little more as a person and earned some more strength. Even it may seem stupid to say "Well at least you learned something" right after you broke up with your boyfriend/girlfriend who has been a nightmare, I realized it may be the truth and may help you get over it as soon as you see the positive sides.

2. It is okay!

It is okay to cry and be broken for a while. If it is because you failed a test you really studied for, a fight with your best friend, a breakup or just a really bad day. We've all been there, something to you terrible happens that others may find ridiculous and you have to fake that smile. But is that really the way to go? I am not talking about crying and having a super bad mood all day long, but it is okay to feel down and show it to the people you love. There is no point in faking a smile toy our mom or your dad or even to yourself. It is okay to come home, lay down in bed and just let it all out. 

3. There is always someone who cares

There is also no point in faking a smile to the people you love because they would do anything to put a real smile onto your face! I'd rather have my friends telling me their problems for hours and trying to help or just show them that they are in no way alone than that they feeling left all alone and overwhelmed. Other than that there might be persons that understand you completely and can give you advice because they have been in a similar situation.

4. Find comfort in the little things

Now I never really understood what little things are until I realized that life can be beautiful. It is the bar of chocolate that your mom bought you, the rainbow you see while your are driving home from school, the beautiful sunrise you watch during a boring German lesson, the stranger that gave you a heart warming smile or the very well tasting cup of tea, all those things might seem normal and unspectacular to you but to me they mean the world. I don't take them for granted so whenever I see those things it makes me instantly happy.

"Happiness is a state of mind" it really is. It only depends on YOU not on your friends, family or partner. Make the best out of every day! ♥
If you liked this blogpost and want to get notified whenever I upload a new one you can Subscribe via email or bloglovin'!
And as always: I hope you are all having an amazing week!
Love: Kiki 

Comments