New Years Resolutions 2014 - looking back

Scrolling through my Twitter feed I've seen dozens of tweets saying "I am going to stop eating chocolate and fast food!", "I am going to gym everyday!", "I am going to study everyday to improve my grades!" or the classic "I am going to get off the internet earlier and go to sleep earlier!". If there is one thing I can tell you than it is than none of those new years resolutions are going to be successful. They won't make you happy after all. What would a live without any chocolate be after all? Last year I wrote down my new years resolutions in order o look back and see how much of them I kept up at the end of 2014. 

As You can see I did pretty good... Of course I couldn't cut out chocolate completely, but I gained a complete new understanding of food and what food does in my body and how it changes my appearance and feelings. Good food does make you happier. I feel healthier and fitter. But a chocolate bar in the evening while watching Youtube Videos or Breaking Bad makes me feel all happy. Here is how I mastered those resolutions:

1) Walk Chester More!


Who am I to say no to those eyes?! This year I've grown to love nature and it's peacefulness. Walking Chester is a little bit of me time for me. I get to think and put my thoughts in order, get inspired and draw out plans that may seem stupid at first put turn out to be amazingly insane afterwards. 

2) Sports every second day

That was a hard one. I didn't manage to actually do a full on workout every second day, but I tried to do a little bit of sports like 10 lounges each, 20 situps and whatever I felt like doing before I hopped into the shower. I did try to go for a run at least twice a week, which worked out perfectly fine for me. The only time I didn't follow this was in my "Exam-phase" in which I wrote five exams in two weeks, therefore I preferred studying. I also combined walking Chester and going for a run, because it is a huge motivational factor if you have a little bounce ball next to you that wants you to run and chase him.

3) Less Chocolate

As if I was able to cut down Chocolate! I am still eating tons and tons of it, because it simply makes me happy and I can't see why I should cut it out of my life. I am still eating healthy.

4) eat healthy

I stated off the year by reading a few articles and blogs about healthy food and informed myself about the food I am eating. I improved my "diet" by eating more greens and avoiding processed foods and fast food. I couldn't stay away from sweets tho. I cut out crisps and candy stuff nearly completely, but I can't cut out chocolate. I've learned that dark chocolate does not only taste better, but is also better for you. I find that when you ate a few bites of dark chocolate your craving is satisfied and you can just put it away. In contrast to that you can eat tons of dairy-milk-chocolate to satisfy your chocolate craving.
Did you keep up your resolutions? Feel free to talk to me in the comments!
If you liked this blogpost and want to get notified whenever I upload a new one you can subscribe via email or bloglovin' and follow me on all of my social media, links are in the top bar.
And as always: I hope you are all having an amazing week!
Love: Kiki 

Comments