New York Adventures

Since I have a few spare minutes I thought I would share the first few days and my flight to New York with you.

The Flight:

To say that I was a mess is an understatement. As soon as I got into the car Monday morning at 2 am I started shaking, feeling sick and crying at the thought of leaving my family and my boyfriend behind. Even if my boyfriend did absolutely everything to comfort me my head was still a mess and my tummy was complaining about the stress. Arriving at the airport didn't make it any better, I was clinging onto my boyfriends and Moms/Dads hand, trying to hold onto something knowing that my life was about to change completely in a few hours time recognizing a few other au pairs and trying to at least smile a little towards their direction. All I could think about was the mess in my head and my stomach and I wish I could tell you that I spend my last few hours with my family in harmony, but it was the complete opposite. Saying goodbye to my boyfriend and family might have been the hardest thing I ever did in my whole life. But I can say for sure that the moment I turned around and walked towards the security check in, hand in hand with another au pair was the weirdest feeling I ever had, I felt like turning around, running back into the arms of my family, where I am all safe and sound and know that nothing can harm me, on the other hand I was ready to face the unknown and live my dream, in the end it was the little hand squeeze the other au pair gave me before we finally started walking into the security check in that made me realize that I am about to start a whole new life and that I am more than ready to get on that plane, see New York and finally arrive in Boston and live as an au pair. As soon as we went through the security check in my body went back to normal, I went to gate, found out who was going to sit next to me, played a little bit of Nintendo DS (Animal Crossing, what else?) and calmed down a little excitement started to fill my brain, I was buzzing around chatting to other au pairs about our adventure.
The airplane food was quite okay, I drank tons of water and tried to sleep a lot. There will be a blogpost about flying coming your way in no time,


The Arrival

Arriving in new York and getting on the Bus to the training school went smoother that I would have ever expected. I got my bags, went out of the baggage claim and found the Cultural Care person to pick us up in no time, there were like 30 of us so it took some time to make sure that we are all there. The first thing I noticed about America is that you have to drive very very confident if not to say rude to get places. The Bus was freezing cold and all I could think off was needing to pee and wanting a warm bed. But as soon as I arrived at the training school I was all excited and awake again and went to explore everything.
Here are the first few pictures:

This is the lake in front of the training school, the house is quite creepy but the blue garbage bags add to the funny picture.


The wildlife here is amazing, I saw a deer and a rabbit and many more animals that I am not really used to seeing in Germany.


Some sort of building, the cafeteria is on the left but I have no Idea what else is in there.


The beach, New York water (it is super dirty, I wouldn't put my feet in it nor any other part of my body) But the beach was quite nice.




The building with the classrooms and bedrooms


I took a picture (Macroaufnahme) of flowers and it turned out quite pretty


The terrain around the training school



We went shopping on Tuesday and I couldn't help but get some heartache chocolate.
I haven't tried it yet so stay tuned for a feedback on chocolate.


There was some sort of international sweets picnic that I completely missed out on because I read the invitation via email to late (check your mail regularly people!). But the super nice girl in the bedroom across ours gave me a few things to try, I have no Idea what any of those are but I guess I will find out sooner or later.

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost, make sure to follow me on my social media to get notified whenever I upload a new blogpost or follow me via email, you can find everything in the top and side bar.
If you have any idea what those sweets are of have any questions make sure to tell me in the comments below!

Have an amazing week!

Love: Kiki

Comments