How to find Happiness

Lately I've been thinking about my future, seeing that I finished school last year, I should really start thinking about it by now. I realised that it is not important for me how much money I earn or if the job is accepted by my family. It is important wether I am happy or not. 2016 is my year to grow, to find happiness, to be my own anker and to learn how to free my mind. There are a few new years resolutions that go along with it that you can read here!
There is one quote that I've learned to adore and live by:

 "If you aren't good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you'll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren't even giving to yourself"
~ Barbara De Anglis

 

Therefore I decided it would be a good Idea to learn how to love myself and the body I live in. Now I haven't really understood what that means completely, but for now I can say, that I've learned to be true to myself and put myself first. If I am hungry I won't tell myself that I need to starve in order to be skinny and pretty but fuel my body with good food. If I am craving chocolate I will eat a few pieces dark chocolate and if I am tired I will go to bed. After a while I realized I was feeling amazing in my body and accepted it the way it was. Furthermore I started to be true to my feelings and emotions. I didn't hold back anymore. Tears are there for a reason, holding them back will only hurt you in the long run. The amount of time I've walked to work listening to music while tears streamed down my face because I was missing Matt is ridicoulus but I can say that I've never been happier. I've learned to jump with joy, scream in fear and cry in pain.
 

 


In order to find happiness you need to cry and scream? Yes! In order to find happiness you need to be true to yourself. That starts by respecting and accepting your basic needs like thirst, hunger and sleep and understanding your body and what it is telling you. Yes I am looking at you, skipping breakfast is not the way! Starving because you want that bikini body is also not the way to go! You are just going to eat more througout the rest of the day. The secret is to eat the right things (Go read a book, there are millions of them about that theme, trust me I should know). By understanding and listening to your body you will automatically be true to your feelings as well. Don't hold back. If you feel happy smile, smile at the stranger passing you on the street, share your happiness! If you feel sad cry, even if you are in public, even if those people look at you weirdly. 

In order to love someone else you need to love yourself. In order for someone else to understand you, you need to understand yourself. In order to be aacepted by someone else you need to accept yourself. You are your own key to happiness. Be your own anker! 

Tell me in the comments below what you do to feel good everyday and if you can't think of anything you could start by smiling at yourself every time you pass a mirror or treat yourself with a really good tea every night, remember about the little things!






Comments