Punakaki Pancakerocks and Blowholes

 The Name "Pancakerocks" was enough for me to just instantly love this place. It's true, the stones are layered upon each other in a way that reminds me of a stack of pancakes! But this place has so much more to offer than just these Rocks!


The rocks are devided by water passages. Make sure you visit on high tide (just ask any DOC or visitor center for the tide-tables)


I thought the pancakerocks are the coolest, but when I saw the Blowholes I realised that maybe the Blowholes are way more interesting. The waves crashed into tunnels and blew steam out of blow holes. It was faszinating to watch!



It was just too much fun finding faces and things in the rocks, we could have spend hours there.



The whole Area was build up like a park and quite touristy, but beautiful whatsoever! We planned to stay around 4 hours and then keep heading down south, we were done in two, because we fled when two big tourists groups arrived. It is nice, but can be a bit overcrowded at times.


And that's it for today! You can leave your comments and questions in the comments below and follow me on my social media for more pictures, links are in the top bar!
I hope you are all having an amazing weekend,
Love: Kiki

Comments