Wanaka



Driving to Wanaka was one of the prettiest drives we did so far!
I was so happy that Matt drove so I could take everything in. He says he enjoys driving and I love driving shotgun, that way I am able to let my gaze wander over these beautiful landscapes! It's a win win situation!


Back in Germany I loved driving for some reason, but the streets are boring, I mean look at these views!! If I have the chance to get driven around while looking at the mos beautiful landscapes of the world, why not?


Arriving in Wanaka we checked out the legendary Wanaka tree, which obviously was beautiful! It is a tree in a lake.


Just walking by the lake front was one of my favorite things to do.


Fall made the color of the leaves turn into a beautiful orange which gave a beautiful contrast to the lake and the mountains in the back.



Roy's Peak


Now the Roy's peak track got me!
3 hours up were definitely worth the sweat (and tears). You were able to see mount cook I think, It was a very pretty snowy Mountain at least!


We were able to see Wanaka from up there and basically anything around it.


The view was breathtakingly beautiful!



We spend nearly over an hour on the peak just because we were stunned by the beauty of it all.



We met so many awesome people up there it was amazing.




Lavender Farm 


The Wanaka Lavender Farm was just simply a magical place ! The staff was just so incredibly friendly.


We went for a walk around the Lavender Gardens.



I again got stunned by the beauty of fall here!




As if the lavender wasn't enough for me to freak out over, they also had a beautiful rose garden.


I got a lavender cookie that was just too delicious as a treat for walking through the gardens with a sprained ankle (Apparently I am not able to walk down a mountain).



You did it! You made it to the end! I hope you enjoyed the blogpost!
For more pictures follow me on my social media, links are in the top bar!
Make sure to leave all of your comments and questions in the comments below.

I hope you are all having an amazing week!
Love: Kiki ♥

Comments