Waterfalls on the road from Invercargill to Dunedin

 I am a sucker for a beautiful Waterfall, the fact that there are so many in New Zealand is making me really excited for what is yet to come!
We have seen a few Waterfalls, the worst one so far was the one in Hanmer Springs for sure. We have a few Waterfalls to add to the list of waterfalls worth walking to!

When Driving from Invercargill to Dunedin you pass two waterfalls. The McLeans and the Purakanui Falls, both were pretty nice, but I prefered the McLeans Falls.

 Mc Leans Falls

 

The walk to the Falls is really well mentained, even after rain. You might get a little muddy feet but that's all.


The Waterfall is a climbers paradise, you can climb up the rocks to a beautiful view of the waterfall


Or you can send up your boyfriend to take a picture instead of climbing up yourself! Jokes, due to the rain it was really really wet and Matt climbed up stones with water running down, he has waterproof shoes, I don't.




Purakanui Falls


For a 10 Minute walk from the parking spot these falls are pretty darn cool!


Sadly you are not able to see the falls completely from the viewing plattform, but I am guessing that you can see it climbing over the rocks in the water, when they are not completely flooded.


I would say that you have to be really lucky and hit the middle between rain and dry weather to see the falls at their best! If it is too dry you'll won't see the majesty that these falls can show, if it is too rainy everything is flooded!
Tell me in the comments which one is your favourite waterfall that we have visited yet? Or what is your all time favourite waterfall that I should visit in this world?

I hope you liked this blogpost, if you did make sure to subscribe via email or bloglovin and follow me on my social media, links are in the top bar for more pictures. If you have any comments or questions make sure to leave them in the comments below!
I hope you are all having an amazing week!
Love: Kiki

Comments