What to do in Dunedin

 Many locals told us that Dunedin is not really worth a stop... Hah! Dunedin was awesome, so many good things to see, totally for free. The only Downside to Dunedin is the freedom camping spot, there is only one and it is cramped and SO FULL, but mainly awesome people that are super social and yet respectful when it comes to sleeping. 

Tunnel Beach

 

We were so lucky with the weather for this one! It was warm and sunny, usually it is around 5° this time of year, but we had a sunny 20°c day, Yeahy!


The walk down is super easy, 10 Minutes downhill and you are there!


The Cliff-Beach is insanely beautiful and my kind of dream beach.



You could climb up all the way to the high cliff to have an amazing view over the ocean.



I am an Beach girl. I love water, sun, sand (or rocks, I don't mind a rocky beach, but prefer sand!), waves and heat. While Matt checkes out at 30°c I start enjoying life and loving the sun! 


Can you see the face? Tell me in the comments if it reminds you of someone!




I repeat, I love the beach, so I couldn't help and get my feet into the freezing cold water. At some point I couldn't feel my feet anymore and I could ave stayed for hours (also: No Sandlfies, I repeat NO SANDFLIES!!). The beach just makes me feel so free and like a kid, like there are no troubles in this world. It always makes me feel full of love and life especially if I have Beach and Sun, oh boy you'll see me smile!



 Tunnel Beach was definitely my favourite stop in Dunedin! 


The Peninsula

 


Now we visited the peninsula in hopes to see Penguins, Albatross, Seals and Sealions, but we saw nothing, we drove over two hours for basically nothing.


Just when we were about the give up hope and drive home disappointed we spottet a whale. Not what we came for but awesome to see! I went whale watching in America, which was awesome, but spotting a whale randomly in the ocean is just crazy! And it was so close to the shore!



The old Train Station

 

the building by itself is incredibly pretty, but what awaits inside is even more impressive!
 


There is a free art Gallery to visit and you can just have a lovely walk through this historic building!



The Settlers Museum

 


Now that was awesome! We came for the wifi and stayed for the museum not even using the wifi!
 

It was an interactive Museum, giving you the option to write your thoughts on certain toppics and read thoughts coming from people of all age groups and origins!



It was filled with incredibly cool artefacts used by the first settlers up to today!  


I never liked history, but this museum made it all just so interesting that it even left me wanting to know more and stay longer but our parking ticket ran out... 


City Lookout

 


The drive up to the city lookout was quite a long one, but worth it in the end! It was super windy, but beautiful!




 Baldwin Street


You might not be able to tell, but this is the steepest street in the world!



We had an amazing time in Dunedin and loved every single minute of it! We did not get the chance to try it, because we wanted to use the good weather to do outdoor activities, but the leap center has tons and tons of trampolines and is reasonably cheap! It looked awesome, so make sure to give it a try and tell me how it was ;) 

If you liked this blogpost make sure to follow me on my social media for more pictures, links are in the top bar! Tell me in the comments below what kind of person you are, more the beach or forrest person and why? Or maybe both? 
I hope you are all having an amazing week!
Love: Kiki

Comments

  1. Du (bzw. ihr) macht mich ja schon ein bisschen neidisch; hier regnet es nur und im Moment tun wir nichts außer zu lernen -.- Aber ich freue mich wirklich für euch, dass ihr soviele tolle Sachen erlebt :) :) Musste mal gesagt werden. :D

    Sooo.. das Gesicht. Das bist doch gant klar du, Kiki! Oder Matthias.. Sieht tatsächlich ein ganz kleines bisschen aus wie Matthias mit komischem Gesichtsausdruck :D (Sorry, Matthias :))

    Übrigens liebe ich dieses Foto von Dir Kiki auf diesem Sand/Klippen-Ding und dem Meer darunter *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich dachte eher an Dubledore! :D Das war echt schön da oben drauf zu sitzen und einfach dem Meer zu zu schauen. :)

      Delete
    2. Ja stimmt Dumbedore kommt auch hin :) :D

      Delete
  2. Ich bin eher der Strandtyp :) Aber ich hab nichts gegen Wälder ^^ Am Strand hat man halt einfach viel Platz, man fühl sich frei, und das Meer spielt das Rauschen des Wassers, was einfach entspannt. Die Sonne sorgt für eine angenehme Wärme, und das Meer für die kühle Brise ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaa!! Sand, Meer und Sonne, allerdings bin ich eher der drinnen vor der Heizung Typ wenn es kalt ist und regnet, und Tee! Tee ist auch ganz wichtig bei schlechtem Wetter. Aber sobald die sonne rauskommt bin ich auch draussen ^^

      Delete

Post a Comment