Taupo Adventures


We had a quick stop in Taupo. The Aratiatia Dam and Rapids were awesome!


The Dam opens every two hours (at 10,12,14/2pm etc.) and fills the Rapids quickly, you can watch how a simple gorge fills up with water and turns into a fast blue and white Rapid.




We also stopped at the Huka falls, which had the most beautiful colours.


The falls at the end seemed to be around 2-3 meters deep.


The City lookout was a quite beautiful stop, but I reckon it is depending on good weather.


Even the Freedom Camping spot was beautiful!


We spend the night right next to a small sailing harbour.


I really enjoyed the lake taupo allthough the rain and bad weather the following day held us back from exploring it a little more. 
For more Information and pictures make sure to follow me on my social media, links are in the top bar.
I hope you are all having an amazing week, 
Love: Kiki


Comments