The Magic of Mount Eggmont National Park

The past few nights we have been freezing to death in the car, yet I wake up with this unbelievable excitement for everything right now, I have never felt more inspirational to do good. I get overwhelmed by Ideas for my Blog and a project I am currently working on actually I started working on more than 1 project but all has its time! 


This week we visited the Mount Eggmont National Park and the views left us breathless. The vulkano in the distance, the cold, brisk air on our faces and the slippery ground beneath us, the smell of snow and the clear blue skies have made our journey through the Park simply magical.


Sadly we couldn't do the tongariro crossing due to bad weather conditions, but we were able to have a little peak while on Mount Taranaki. 


 Mount Taranaki is an active Vulcano and I loved the contast of the green rainforest, the brown Volcano, the white snow and the blue sky!


If you look really closely you can see where the lava might have run down.


The visitor information near Dawson Falls has heaps of amazing information about the park and why you should NOT climb the peak in winter, we planned to do it, but the very helpful D.O.C-Ranger gave us enough information to stop us doing something really stupid. Of course we were not prepared for -18°c and around 1m of snow an hour on the peak!! 
 

Dawsons Falls were pretty awesome and beautiful. It was just a short walk from the road and a simple track. 


There was magic in the air and the ind of excitement you have before Christmas. It might have been the smell of snow or the peak of Matts and my relationship, I have never felt more comfortable in a relationship and a significantly stonger bond to him. I am not entirely sure what it was, maybe a mix of all, but I hope it will stay a little longer like this! 

I hope you are all having an amazing week, 
Love: Kiki

Comments