Exploring the Coromandel Peninsula

 As you all might know now I am a big fan of pretty beaches, so when the time came to explore the Coromandel Peninsula I was pumped!  I made sure to take as many pictures and write down as many memories as I could, so me writing in my journey while Matt was cooking lunch was a quite common appereance.

 Coromandel was more than I expected! There were so many little islands made of white sandstone with green trees giving such a beautiful contrast to the blue ocean.


 We also visited the Waihi Mine and saw this impressing machinery, not entirely sure what it is used for but it was huge!
 

Spending some time in the mine made me realise how small we are, yet how much power we have. We are so small in contrast to those huge machines, yet we are the ones controling them, creating big holes in the ground stelaing natures playground so we can have whatever there is under the earth?
Needless to say I left this place feeling kind of weird.


But feeling kind of wierd/ having a bad day will go away instantly when dacing and jumping your way down to the carpark, believe me I tried! 


Here we go with the beautiful beaches,  Whiritoa Beach left me feeling sorry for myself for not coming here in summer and Matt trying is best to convince me to NOT go for a swim in the freezing sea.


I left my clothes on and decided to at least have a little walk along the beach, get some sand in my shoe that will spread all over the car during the night and get some salty air in my lounges, needless to say I was incredibly happy. 



We made it to our mission to explore as many little bays as we can and I would say we were quite succesful! 


One of my favorite stops was the cathedral cove! 


The cove itself is amazing and the fact that it is shaped by the sea and therefore right on the beach makes it even better!



The cove honestly blew me away. We walked for a good hour to get there, but it was worth every step of the way!


The cove is huge and walking through it gave you a weird feeling of being incredibly insignificant and small, but also special, because you are walking through a cove that has been shaped by the ocean for millions of years.


The views were the best part. Whenever you stopped on the side of the road a new view opened up and it was simply amazing!


Last but not least on the bay mission was little bay and we found a germ with this one. It was completely deserted.


There were a lot of trees that you could climb onto on the beach so guess what I did, I imagine this is THE beach to go to in the summer! 


It also has a tree swing. I was obsessed with finding a swing that was right on the beach so I could get the feeling swing into the ocean without actually getting wet, I sadly didn't find one. What I did find was this branch, that you could sit on and wiggle and it was just too much fun!


The Bay was simply beautiful with its dark green trees and blue ocean!


And of course a waterfall, what would a roadtrip in New Zealand be without a waterfall?!


And that is our Coromandel roadtrip broken down for you! I hope you enjoyed it, tell me in the comments below if you liked it and what your favorite part is.
For more pictures and real life stuff make sure to follow me on my social media, links are in the top bar! 

I hope you are all having an amazing weekend, 
Love: Kiki ♥

Comments