About setting resolutions

In school we learn all about the SMART method to set aims.
Specific
Measurable
Actionorientated
Realistic
Terminated

Obviously it is a great way to set business aims. However I find that it is not really fitting for personal lifestyle goals.
I still use the smart method as a guideline to create my monthly resolutions.
I ususally set an overall aim, for this year it is to be more present, since I think it is a way for me to get closer to stop worrying all the time and leran to relax and feel more free.

So let's hop into it! 


I try to align my monthly goals to the ones I set for the year.
The month resolution for March is to gain more energy by switching up my routine.

After I set an intention (or resolution) for the month I brainstorm ideas how to put things into action, always keeping the aim and all it's advantages in mind.
Here is my way all summarized:

1. Set an overall resolution (that lasts a little longer)
2. Break it down in smaller aims (to reach in a shorter time)
3. Create small steps to reach that aim 
4. keep it real

As you can see I also have an "Exceptions"section because we are human and we can't give a 100% everyday of the week, so leave a little space for you to slack! 

Feel free to leave any questions in the comments below! Do you have any good resolutions? Make sure to comment them.

Comments