The weekend I discovered a piece of happiness

A few weeks ago I looked into a mirror and couldn't identify the face that stared back at me. Who am I, what am I going to be? And who do I want to be. I felt this feeling of being one of many, a redundance, what am I even fighting for, one can't make a change in this world. I told myself that I don't matter. I lost myself a little bit.


It is only now that I see how important that was. I feel like once in a while your mind decides to go into overdrive, especially if you have been doing the same thing for a while now, just to check that you are still doing what you want. And that was it, I lost myself to find myself again. Hopfully this time I will be able to be an even more independent and strong young woman. The urge to workout and feel strong kicked in, but maybe that is just summer. I have been thinking about so many new projects, which I will probably never launch, my creativity is on an all time high, my motivation is slowly coming back. I feel like I can finally open up and admit that maybe the past weeks I allowed life to bring me down, but I am back, standing my ground, stronger then ever, fighting for what I believe in.
 

In case you are wondering how I worked through this the answer is easy, I surrounded myself with people that made me incredibly happy and reminded me of who I want to be. My birthday party on saturday gave me the last push I needed to get out of that self pity pit and get back into my good old happy self (maybe with a few remakes!).

Comments