What do you thrive for?


I cannot remember a time in my life where I haven't had an aim, that I was working towards to.
There has always been a little something I wanted to reach, some skill I wanted to learn, a course I wanted to complete or a final I wanted to pass!
Until I set my goal to become an Au Pair I never knew how to really fight for something and stand up for my self. There were so many situations where I have just given up and somehow someone came around, picking me back up and setting my aim straight again and sometimes that someone was me. The moment I gave up that thing I was thiriving for I felt aimless, confused and utterly lost in this big world, when I found that something to thrive for again the confusion started to change into confidence, I could do anything! I realised how important these aims are and how important it is to set them.

Since then I have reached some amazing goals, I was an Au Pair, I travelled New Zealand, I found a spot in a vocational training program, I managed to find my way into the work- and schoollife again. All these things brought their struggles with them, but now I am sat here, in my room, looking at all these goals I reached and am incredibly proud of the person I have become in the past 3 years.


I started thriving for something else, of course I still have my aims that I work on, but there is this vision of me and my future, that I will probably share at some point and how I would like to work, life and love and that is something I come back to once in a while. I guess you could say the bigger picture, why you are doing what you are doing right now and how it fits into this picture you have drawn for the future. It gives me a great boost of motivation to stick to whatever I am working on. Recently I found that maybe I want to speak more languages so I can work better in an international company so I started learning spanish on duolingo, which I will give you a review on in another blogpost if you are interested.

These aims and bigger pictures have been changing and adapting and will continue to do so everytime I have given them some more thought. I like to keep a notebook full of the conclusions I reach while sitting down and reflecting. And that is perfectly normal, opinions and views change as you grow as a person.

I hope you liked this blogpost. Coming back to the title: What do you thrive for?
Please tell me in the comments what your current aims are, your bigger picture or something that you thrive for. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an Email to justanotherdreamjourney@gmail.com.

Love: Kiki ♥

Comments