My Second Week as an Au Pair in Boston

I am officially two weeks as an Au Pair in Boston and this week just flew by! I had tons of amazing food, went to the gym for the first time and got to go shopping!
So let's start with the questions!

What are you concerned about?

Calling the bank to get my online banking set up, they got my name wrong and there was a problem with the passcode. It annoys me more than it concerns me, but I still don't want to call them and have all this fuss about it. The driving situation is a little better than last week, I've been driving a few times (maybe three) this week, but it is a gear shift and a car that runs on Gasoline (Benzin) which is a whole new Level for me and really hard to get used to, but I am positive that I will make it. 

Is there anything you miss?

Yes, my family and friends of course, but I am starting to really miss the German food! Milka chocolate, American style cookie dough ice cream from Lidl (or Aldi I already forgot which is making me kind of sad) my mom would always buy the wrong one with chocolate fudge (This American style chocolate fudge has nothing to do with real american chocolate fudge so that is a fact for you, just like american style hot dogs, don't trust Lidl and Aldi!) and I would still eat it, but cookie dough from Lidl/Aldi was and will forever be my favorite! I somehow just got very passionate about Ice cream. 

What have you enjoyed most this week?

Venturing out and seeing more of Boston! We went to the Zoo, the science museum and the Farm and getting out into the nature looking around made me feel so free, at some point I thought about moving into the country side and starting a farm when I come back, but then I realized that you have to know tons about flowering and I know basically nothing about it, so scratch that.

What has the schedule been like? 

On Monday we went to the stone Zoo in Stoneham and you can read all about it here.
           

After we came back I had the first LCC meeting which was super fun, we went mini golfing at mcgolf in Dedham and it was a beautiful mini golf park! I got to meet so many Au Pairs and it was just a great experience to get to know them all.

Afterwards we went to a Fojo place that was called "the Beach" and it was the best frojo you can imagine! 


On Tuesday we went to an indoor playground called imagine that had a bouncy castle and was just perfect for kids every age!
We spend our Wednesday in the science Museum and it was beautiful! The view from the parking lot over Boston and the River was breathtaking. 

Thursday was my relax day, Emma was taking the longest nap ever so Oma and Sophie went to go to the farm while I watched Emma.
I got to go swimming at the gym that evening and had the best salad ever at a restaurant that I can't remember the name of, but all of the trees around it had fairy lights in them and it was just super pretty!

We went to the Farm on Friday, I got to see a peeper, turkeys and so many squirrels!


Yes there is a teeny tiny frog in there called a peeper!


and that was my week!

What are the little things that made you happy?

My boyfriend being my absolute Rock while I was in a quite bad mood and missed him pretty badly, Also every bit of support that I got from my friends showing me that even though I am not in Germany anymore I am still part of their lives and important to them. 

How do you cope with your more independent but also more responsible situation?

Doing laundry is fine with me, my host mom does all the cooking and whenever I have a question the grandma is there to help me out. I am doing fine in my day to day life, but taxes, insurance and bank stuff scares the crap out of me. Even thought I am not a kid anymore I feel nothing like an adult that can do all of the adulty stuff!

And that's it for this weeks review! You can read last weeks review here. If you have any additional questions feel free to leave them in the comments below, follow me on my social media in the topbar or send me an email.

I hope you all had an amazing week!
Love: Kiki

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Local Childcare Coordinator, she is the person that is making sure that I am alright and hosts Au-Pair meetings every month.

      Delete

Post a Comment