My First Month as an Au Pair in Boston

I made it though my first month as an Au Pair in America and I gotta say I am quite proud of me for not having a complete meltdown yet.

What are you concerned about?

I am concerned about my sleeping schedule! It has just been a mess since I am here. I go to sleep around 10pm, wake up at 1am and the fall back asleep until 5am and then just try to fall asleep again until I have to get up at 7:30, no need to say I spend the mayority of my day exhausted and wanting to go back to bed.

Is there anything you miss?

I talked to my mom about this earlier today, I miss a non air conditioned home. The air conditioning makes it impossible for my body to adapt to the hot weather outside and the cold air inside so I am constantly just super hot and sweaty outside or freezing cold inside instead of being adapted as I usually am on hot days back home.


What have you enjoyed most this month?

 Getting to know Boston and surroundings! I went to so many Musa, on so many tours and saw so many amazing buildings and statues.

What has the schedule been like?

 I am waking up at 7:30 every morning and get ready to take over the baby monitor at 8am. After that I prepare breakfast for the kids, get laundry done and clean up until they wake up and then we just do whatever floats our boats! What I've really been loving is going on long walks with the 1-year old and getting some errands done.
You can find anything that is related to my life in America and as an Au Pair in the tags section on the right bar orby clicking on the links!


What are the little things that made you happy?

Going on long walks (they are like an hour long) with the 1-year old while listening to music. The music I put in my "walks-Playlist" holds a lot of memories and never fails to make me smile. My favourite song in it is "Love Runs Out" by One Republic because it always remebers me of dancing the cha cha cha to it with my dad just randomly in our kitchen and my brother totally judging us for being such nerds. And then there are just a few songs that remind me of happy situations. I don't know how often I cought myself singing along and people looking at me. Oh well I am only here for a year, I am okay to sing whenever! 

How do you cope with your more independent but also more responsible situation?

I really want to go back to being a burrito in my own bed back home the whole day, playing Lol and watching a whole TV series while eating ice cream. I guess the "Teen Age Years" are over for a year now. But I will definitelly go back to do so as soon as I come back (Sorry Mom, but feel free to join in on a Grey's Anatomie Or Navy CIS marathon). 

I hope you all enjoyed the picture of me walking along with a stroller singing along very loudly to three little birds or Love Runs Out!
You can find my first weeks review here and my second weeks review here

If you have any questions make sure to leave them in the comments below or hit me up on my social media in the topbar!
I hope you all had an amazing week!
Love: Kiki

Comments